Information we collect
When visiting our Website
Registration and Contact Information
You are free to use our website without providing any personal information about yourself. We do not collect any personal data other than voluntarily provided by you. When you register for a product demo, register to use the Platform or otherwise provide contact information with us. This information may include your first and last name, email address, skype name, phone number or website address.
|Domain||Cookie name||Description of the cookie|
|Analytics cookies from Google Analytics used for web analysis. See “Web analysis with Google Analytics” below for more information.|
|.targetcircle.com||intercom-id-*||Cookie from Intercom to allow you to chat with our support team. See “Website support with Intercom” below.|
Web analysis with Google Analytics
Website support with Intercom
When using our Platform
Registration in our Platform
In order to obtain access to our Platform you need to register. If you register to our platform and/or enter into a contractual relationship with us, we record all data, including personal data, which has been provided by you such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. We solely record personal data that is voluntarily provided by you.
We may also collect information about how you interact with our Platform, such as date and time, information about your browser, operating system and computer or device, pages viewed and items clicked.
Cookies in our Platform
|Domain||Cookie name||Description of the cookie|
|These cookies are set when you sign in to our Platform and are used to keep you logged in. It stores a unique ID for your session and expires when you close your browser.|
|Cookie from Intercom to allow you to chat with our support team. See “Platform support with Intercom” below.|
Platform support with Intercom
Our Platform uses third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as sign-up date and some personal information like your email address) to Intercom, Inc. (“Intercom”) and utilize Intercom to collect data for analytics purposes when you use our Platform. You can find more information about Intercom in “Website support with Intercom”.
Product related emails
We send out emails notifying you about critical Platform updates, such as maintenance notifications or new billing documents. You can opt-out of those emails at any time.
The emails are sent by means of “Campaign Monitor”, an email marketing platform of the Australian company Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd. The email addresses of our active platform users, as well as other data described in the context of this information, are being stored on the servers of Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor uses this information to send out and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. In addition, Campaign Monitor can use this data to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. for the technical optimization of the dispatch and the presentation of the newsletter or for economic purposes in order to determine from which countries the recipients come from. However, Campaign Monitor does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them independently or transfer data to third parties.
How we use the information we collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- To provide, maintain and improve the Offerings and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Platform (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Platform and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Platform, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Platform) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in “Your Controls and Choices”.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor/customer located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), Target Circle AS is the data processor of your personal information. As we offer our Platform as a Software-as-a-Service to advertisers, we only processes personal data on behalf of the advertiser who acts as data controller or if we need the personal information to perform a contract with you. If we ask you to provide personal information to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not.
Target Circle has designated as Data Protection Officer (DPO), as required by Article 37 of the GDPR. Target Circle's DPO can be contacted at email@example.com.
Target Circle is under the supervision of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet) as required by article 51 of the GDPR and in addition to that audited annually by its mandated auditors:
Myrdahl og Sveen
How we share information we collect
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Platform, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service offerings;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example our publishers;
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets;
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
How to access & control your personal data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
When you use the Platform, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so sign in to your account, go to your settings, and make the desired changes, or if you don’t have access to the Platform please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed.
We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Our tracking service saves cookies in the browser of users that use websites of our clients and saves an identifier based on other information received from that browser. The cookies and identifiers are solely used to accurately track the success of our clients’ advertising campaigns and to attribute this success to the right publisher. We do not save, process or use any other personal data when doing so.
However, we offer the possibility to opt-out of our tracking here: https://optout.trackmytarget.com/. Doing so will save an opt-out cookie in your browser that will prevent our tracking service from saving the tracking cookies and identifiers.
If you don't want the cookies to be saved in your browser you can set this up in your browser settings. Depending on your browser you can completely deactivate cookie storage, deactivate it only for specific websites or let it notify you when a cookie is set. It should be noted however that cookies play an important role in the usability of the internet; deactivating them might worsen your browsing experience. Alternatively, you can also delete cookies from your browser at any time.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.